Monday, July 19, 2010

Status...Little White Wagon Progress

I had hoped to work on a project each week
and share my progress with my little white wagon of followers, but as usual, I am….
no, Not BEHIND…

Hesitant
Indecisive,
Wishy-Washy,
Just procrastinating a bit!
Well, O.K., A Lot!!
The best laid plans of a 50something creative spirit!!!

This past week, I had every intention of changing my extra room, at present only used for 7thJoy Trunk Show display and accessory storage, into a new creative space! Starting with a fresh and inspirational coat of paint...but I can’t seem to decide if that is really what I want to do. And if so, what color will make me the absolutely most creative? Should it be Hunter’s White, Gilded Linen, Earthy Cane or Woodlawn Sterling Blue?? So many choices, so little decisiveness!


OPINIONS WELCOME!

Sometimes, at this age, I feel like a child with attention deficit in a candy store, who ate an entire box of hot tamales on the way…
Too many confections, too many distractions, is it hot in here??
Putting off my decision because I’m afraid I’ll change my mind before I get the first morsel in my mouth, or in this case brush stroke on the wall…
Then I remind myself,
as I have been known to tell my clients, don’t stress, It is ONLY Paint!

What’s holding me back? I’m just not sure, so in my indecision, I chose to clean out my sewing "box" or closet as most people would call it! Yes, I sew in the hall closet! It’s really not as bad as it sounds. And sometimes it's a great hiding place.  When it is organized, it’s quite workable and I find that I make less of a mess if I am confined to a small organized space. Dr. Carl Karr’s (our Pediatrician)
 #1 tip for coping with an ADHD child or creative ADHD B, as is the case!
So….Ta Da!
My tiny little organized work box!
Tomorrow… finish up some pending client projects…Wednesday… PAINT!
The Joy of organization is inspirational...
B


1 comment:

  1. belinda...i absolutely laughed out loud for a long time on the 'too many confections...' line. I soooo agree on being ADD (no H for me unfortuntely) at the tender age of 51 lol. I'm just proud that i'm not the only one. And i'm glad you're a writer along with your many other talents :-)
    peace, love and hot tamales lol...
    p.s. can i quote you on that?? i just love it!

    ReplyDelete