Sunday, April 25, 2010

Joyfully Cameron's Mom

This is my Cameron, 16 years old…as of April 15th,
dreaded day for some (TAXES),
but a JOYFUL day in the Shaw household! I filed an extension on this POST and I’m ignoring the driver’s license thing. Time passing this fast is irksome!

Anyway, this young man is the light of my life, well, one of them! He is the spitting image of his Father’s Heart; he just looks like me…
And he is as goofy as a “bed bug” times two! Not sure where he got that from. Hmmmm?
Have you ever wondered what makes a bed bug goofy??? Couldn’t even Google it!
Yet he has this extraordinary confidence that I only wish I had at his age!! He is compassionate, kind hearted, and he was born at the end of himself! He is smart, talented, and humble about it all, except where his brother is concerned…a little sibling rivalry. I am amazed at his maturity and his views about most things, yet on some days I wonder how he’ll survive the real world.
When I look at that real world, the sad things that are happening with so many of our youth, including children of friends and in our community; the things they are capable of at such young ages and the paths they choose, I am brought to my knees praying for them and thanking God for mine!
God has done a great work in this young man so far and I am so looking forward to what HE has in store for him!

"The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven't yet come to the end of themselves. We're still trying to give orders, and interfering with God's work within us."

Still coming to the end of myself, b










No comments:

Post a Comment