Monday, August 24, 2015

One Armed Chalk Painting...

Just tried this DIY Chalk Paint formula for the first time and thought I'd tell you about it! 
Note: Not "Chalk Board" paint, Chalk Paint like 'Sloan and CeCe',
just a bit more affordable for those on a budget!
 
Recouping from a "slightly" broken arm, which is what I consider it;
high time to get back to work!
(Yes~I did~walking~fell~OMGoodness~you don't want to know!)
Counting it a blessing, I'm good....right arm painter! 
 
Trying to mimic the finish on this beautiful vintage mirror,

 a family piece of one of my clients. 
Our plan is to hang this not so old mirror with the vintage one in their new dining room...

The formula:
1 cup latex paint, 2 Tbsp Calcium Carbonate, 1 Tbsp water
 

 I used a couple of different colors from the plethora of paint samples I have managed to accumulate in my design travels!
 
Excited to say, I think I got close. The truth is in the hanging; post to come!!
 
Another first today, this precious girl started school.
I pray wonderful things and her teacher's grace
 for my Quinn!
(she's got the gift of gab)
 Gotta love those eyes and that attitude!
 
Gracefully blessed with strong bones! B
 

No comments:

Post a Comment