Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Friend of Mine....


Today’s rain brought with it my first beautiful springtime bloom.  I have been anxiously waiting and praying that the hydrangeas I planted in my garden last year might somehow survive me and my shortcomings as a gardener! 
Miracle of miracles…they have!
 

 
But this rainy day also brought the celebration of life for my best friend’s Mother!
A strong and beautiful women, I was blessed to know and grow up loving.  Today as many days of late, I am reminded of what is truly important in life.  Of how much we don’t realize, but should, the influence and example our lives can be for others. 
She to mine was immeasurable!

Her daughter, my sweet and almost lifelong friend, spoke her own Mom’s eulogy with unbelievable poise, love and eloquence.  As I drove home in awe, I thanked God for giving her strength and the gift of her words that blessed so many…
But most of all I thanked Him for the gift of her family and her, who loved and love me despite of my shortcomings...
Miracle of miracles!
 
In 2 Samuel 1:26b, David says of Jonathan, " … Your friendship was a miracle-wonder, love far exceeding anything I’ve known — or ever hope to know," (MSG). That’s ultimately what God gives us in friendship: a real life, everyday miracle in the form of another person.  
 
 
May God bless you with many friend miracles and your plantings with blooms of graceful beauty and great influence!
B

2 comments: