Tuesday, October 11, 2011

September & October 2011

Hello Seventhjoy Visitor…
Due to an update on our website, you are temporarily redirected to my 7thJoy Blog. Please browse the additional pages for new creations and information about our 2011 7thJoy Christmas Trunk Show, scheduled for November 18th~    
Thanks, Belinda & Robin

Everything Falls….

Well, September just dropped by and I didn’t stop to blog for several reasons…

I was busy, doing Lord knows what! What was I doing Lord? Well, He might say…nothing of significance, Belinda! And to that I would say, You are so completely right Father! Design and sewing are my passions, not Yours!

In my constant state of “busyness”, sometimes I neglect the most important things. One of those is my prayer time. If I don’t spend that precious and much needed time in the morning talking with Him, then I find myself at night, head on my pillow, waking only to realize that I fell asleep…again, before I finished our conversation. I didn’t even give Him a chance to respond. No wonder I can’t hear his voice!!


Can you imagine how many conversations with God end just this way in one given evening? Yet each time we pray, He is there ready to hear us, never too busy, never distracted, never exhausted. Exactly the way a perfect parent should be. Oh, if I could only be that kind of parent…and child! Today, I had plenty of time to converse with Him.


A much too long to do list + a soaking sink left running + a multi-tasking 54 year old = A slippery laundry room floor!  Results… A comfy chair, an ice packed knee & a slow day of reflection...


Funny, I know God knows I am too busy right now for a knee injury and had nothing to do with my fall! I am just thankful that he is always there to pick me up and listen when I need him; regardless of our last neglectful and one sided conversation. Constantly I am reminded that there are so many others with much more serious trials, daunting obstacles, extreme hurt and heartfelt pain, than myself!


Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. (Ephesians6:18 NIV)

When we obey God, even in small ways, “we find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand—out in the wide open spaces of God’s grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise.” (Romans 5:2 MSG)

Eyes joyfully wide open, praying for so many friends who need God so much today! b

No comments:

Post a Comment