Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Happy Birthday my awesome warrior friend!

Thought this worth sharing again...
Happy Happy 57th not 58th Birthday, Darlene!

Anyone see the resemblance???

Love you my turquoise bejeweled, strong and beautiful  friend!!!!

Originally posted April, 2010....
From last year to this, alot has changed....and you are even more special in my heart!
Who is the Indian woman depicted in a beautiful bronze in front of
Santa Fe’s St. Francis of Assisi Cathedral? I was drawn to this statue of a magical and beautiful woman, adorned with turquoise jewelry, holding eagle feathers.
She is Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha (1656-1680), honored by the Roman Catholic Church as the patroness of ecology and the environment and also known as Lily of the Mohawks.

The Catholic Church declared Kateri venerable in 1943.
She was beatified in 1980 by Pope John Paul II.
Kateri is the first Native American to be declared Blessed.

ven·er·a·ble–adjective
1. commanding respect because of great age or impressive dignity;
2. impressive or interesting because of age, antique appearance, etc.: a venerable oak tree.

be·at·i·fy–verb (used with object),-fied, -fy·ing
1. to make blissfully
happy.
2. to declare to be among the blessed

All of this explanation and a little creative license with “Webster”…just to say, Kateri reminds me of a very special, almost lifelong friend who loves the outdoors, feathers and all gifts of nature! With April being the month she was born, I’ve decided to share this beautiful bronze statue I saw recently in Sante Fe
and thoughts of this beautiful statuesque friend with everyone!


stat·u·esque–adjectivelike or suggesting a statue, as in massive or majestic dignity, grace, or beauty.

And since I’m in the dictionary mode, I’ll go with that….
Lily Dar·lene – noun

a female given name: from the Old English word meaning “darling.”
and although I wouldn’t describe her as “darling”, I would describe her as daring, determined, dedicated (to what she believes in, for sure), definite,
devoted (to the end, thank goodness!),
difficult (at times, but only if necessary), diligent,
dimpled (maybe, she is 50+), domineering (never??),
doting (as a grandmother of 2.99), dutiful (to a fault),
defiant (never in her younger years…but now, Yes!),
dancing (throughout life), daydreaming (and beautifully sharing it),
deafening (no just a little deaf, yet always tuned in),
decadent (only her pies, I hear), decent (always…in the a.m.), deserving (most definitely), and
most importantly, DEAR to me forever and always!



Happy Birthday, my precious and JOYFUL friend, I love you!
b



1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm boohooing .. speechless. So TOUCHED. What a special gift!!! I love you so, so much. And what a gift to have a friend who has known you through so much and loves you still.

    Okay .. so I'm not speechless. ;)))) But I do love you, my dear, sweet Belinda.

    DMR

    ReplyDelete