Monday, July 13, 2009

JOY Personified


Late May, for four days, I had this precious boy while his parents took an anniversary trip to New York. This picture is the true JOY that came forth at the sight of his parents after we had explained repeatedly to his two year old understanding that, "Mommy and Daddy had gone on an airplane and they would be back tomorrow". I started telling this little white lie on Thursday the first day in...as he had never been away from them for more than a night. And this GramB had never been brave enough to keep him for that period either. He sleeps through the night alot these days, but not always, enough said! Little did I know the adventure I had agreed to when I told my oldest son, Tyler that I would be glad to help keep him while they took a much needed trip together!

His other grandmother was out of town, so I was blessed with him for four nights and as many days. I can't express how much I enjoyed our time and finally being able to have my grandson spend not one night, but four. After a couple of sleepless ones, more me worrying about him, than him not sleeping, we made it...restful sleep from 9:30 to blessed daylight. It felt wonderful, an accomplishment only a new parent or an anxious grandparent can appreciate.

But the greatest of all was watching this precious baby light up at the sight of his parents in the baggage terminal at the airport. We went to meet them, merely thinking it would help him understand that his parents had gone on a trip and they were indeed returning, so he could wrap his little head around it. I never knew how watching him overflow with delight would overflow me! Joy personified!!

It did take him a few days to adjust, he hesitated at my door for a while, thinking his parent's might leave him for days again. I hated that, but this GramB is anxiously awaiting their next trip! Hmmmm, what creative inspiration might this bring! A security pillow with Mommy and Daddy's faces on it?????

No comments:

Post a Comment