Monday, April 27, 2015

Guest Artist

 
This weekend I hosted a guest artist...well, it was just Jackson, but a true artist he is!

Last year in art class, he used a color and watercolor technique to create this one of a kind self  "swimming" portrait.   I insisted on bringing it home to frame for the new house.   And have begged him ever since to create another portrait of his sister and brother as a companion.
Well, needless to say, a great artist cannot be forced to create or be told what to paint.  Right Darlene Meader Riggs???

So my overnight guest artist and I decided to set up our kitchen studio, listen to Pandora Film Scores, particularly "Transformers"  and paint together.  I was hoping that he might change his mind about doing the companion, but no luck.  While he painted a multi character portrait of his most recently acquired Marvel Mashers...


I with his direction and design suggestions, attempted to forge/copy his artistic style in my own portrait of Quinn and Sawyer, swim ready!
Companions....


I'd say it was a win for both of us!  I so cherish spending creative time with this guy...He did an awesome job with his first acrylic and I managed to finish a project for hanging in the kiddo's bathroom at the new house, with his approval of course!

And as any legit "Copyist" should do...I signed my name to the back, so no one would mistake it for an original Jackson piece!  Just FYI!

Gracefully and completely smitten with my guest artist, b







No comments:

Post a Comment