Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend Snag....Fiddle Leaf Fig

 
Quickly wanted to share, as they will not last long.
The latest indoor plantcraze….as far as I know! 
The Fiddle-Leaf Fig!!
Ficus Lyrata,  is a species of fig tree, native to western Africa.  It grows in lowland tropical rainforest.  As a house plant, this fig is very easy to grow.  Provide morning sun or very bright indirect light and keep evenly moist, not wet or dry.  Trim as needed.


 I’ve seen them all over blog land, in design, in the home.  Just love the large green leaves and the structure of this thing.  I had also seen them listed at IKEA,
 known for inexpensive furniture solutions with impossible to read assembly instructions and inexpensive house plants…Yeah right! 
I don’t make it there often, too minimal for me….
But by way of getting lost last week in the 610 Loop craziness,
my Mom and I ended up there.
No Fiddle Leaf Figs to be found!! 
Thank goodness, I saved you the trip, DON”T GO THERE!
 

Go to Garden World Express, Hwy 249, ignore the construction craziness……it is worth it!
This little beauty was only $7.50. 
I bought three.
1 to kill, 1 to replace it and 1 for a friend!

Proverbs 27:18Amplified Bible
18 Whoever tends the fig tree shall eat its fruit; so he who patiently and faithfully guards and heeds his master shall be honored.
Thank goodness, this isn't the fruit bearing type!!!!!!!
 

My attempt at caring for a large living house plant with no worries, as Christmas tree time will quickly replace any remorse I will feel if I lose them both. 
Gracefully fiddling with a fiddle-leaf fig, b 



No comments:

Post a Comment