Friday, October 10, 2014

Recent Reclamation...

[GraceReclaimed Full Blog Here]
Thought I start sharing some of my reclaimed design work, just in case you wonder what I do with my time when I’m not scouring estate sales, stressing over boys or shopping…..

For the past several months, I’ve been working with a precious family to add a little warmth and style to their beautiful home.  One of the areas that I thought needed a little substance was their mantel.  The husband’s choice of G. Harvey art fits the elegantly rustic and relaxed feel of their home, but this particular piece, just wasn’t’ “filling the bill”. 
 
 
So, my little reclaimed mind got to work.  Then of course, I ran my
 crazy thoughts past St. Philip who is always, well almost always, on board! 
We took a little trip to the family farm, pulled some pieces off one of the old out buildings and got to work!  
 

Quite a few splinters, not just a few nails and 55+ pounds later,
A beautiful barn wood tray to showcase the art! 

 
Thank you Lupe, the installer and team!
 
It couldn’t have turned out better if I say so my reclaimed self!
 

 Now I'm thinking....what was I thinking??
This is one of those "I should have kept that" pieces! 
Oh well, there is always more barn wood
just a crow's flight and a crowbar away.
 And St. Philip has a garage full of nails....

May I just say, sweet Melissa, you got an awesome deal!!!
But that is exactly what I love about my job,
making things happen and not breaking the bank!
 
Reclaiming Grace, one creative day at a time!!!
B


 

No comments:

Post a Comment