Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Artless Flattery?

[GraceReclaimed Full Blog Here]

Interestingly enough,
300 years ago, on a fall day in October 1714,  
English writer, Eustace Budgell wrote in a newspaper piece that
Imitation is a kind of artless Flattery”.

Without going into boring details, at 57 I continue to learn new lessons in life and business!   One of the most important lessons is that my purpose is to please absolutely no one
 but my loving God!

 
 Flawed and falling short in this area more times that I’d like to admit, I let my heart and my gifts tangle and tie my hands into a defensive fist rather than a thankful clasp.  
 I love being creative but I am a reluctant business person.  I love making my clients happy but after all these years, I'm still uncomfortable charging for it. 
I love sharing my ideas with sweet clients who truly appreciate me!
And I absolutely love sincere compliments! 
But I detest being UN professionally imitated! 
God please help me to remember that imitation can be considered a sincere form of flattery…even if I shouldn’t care!
 


I pray this October season finds you full of joy and excitement for cooler weather,
changing leaves and an upcoming holiday season... 
May our hands be thankfully clasped as we
FALL on our knees to Him who needs no flattery! 
 
~Thanks Rebecca, you are a constant blessing to me~

Most sincerely and in God’s gracious care, b

No comments:

Post a Comment