Friday, December 6, 2013

A 21 year old Christmas Miracle....


Today on our anniversary I am celebrating what I truly believe to be a miracle.  I know with all my heart, God handpicked my husband and placed him in my life.  
And if you knew my life before St. Philip, you would know that it was a true miracle.   There is no other explanation! 
I won’t go into the entire story of how we came to be, saving that for my book! 
 But here’s the short abridged version.
  A hardworking single mom to a 9 year old boy, quits a frustrating job with no notice, no backup plan, miraculously gets a referral for a job, replacing a sweet lady taking maternity leave who happens to become a friend/deco client (my “endsmeet” job back then), who also happens to know a sweet “aggie” bachelor guy who is building his own 1 bedroom farmhouse on 7 acres and might need a little design direction, leading to a blind date, followed by a little persistence on his part, me being a bit guarded ….Fast forward one year later, a few walls strategically moved and an upstairs opened up to include a room for a young boy in need of a Dad….
and there you have it! 
I married the Saint on what became “our farmhouse porch" on a cold but glorious winter day in December.


He was really just too young to know better!
 
21 years….unbelievable! A Saint, he is, in my eyes anyway, because no one else, and I repeat NO ONE else could put up with me!  He is truly the most giving, caring and selfless person I have ever known.  I am just blown over when I simply think of how much God must have loved me, to place Philip in my life.  I’m still trying to figure out what God was thinking for Philip….Lordy, he’s been tested and proven many times over.  But then he would tell you, he is exactly where God meant him to be and loves me all the same….You see, a miracle!
Happy Anniversary St. Philip…..P.S. I love you!
 


 And now to dress this girl and the rest of the house, finally feeling better and just in time for a fun weekend with the little ones, they’ll be here just in time to help!
May you have a graciously warm and merry miracle day like me, b

1 comment: