Monday, June 4, 2012

Graduated Boy!

Have you ever been writing (imagine pen & paper) with your fingers so tight on the pen that your hand goes numb?  Well, that’s how I get sometimes in life….bearing down so hard on my list, that I lose all feeling!

Oh I’m still here, just battling with a bit more than numb fingers & not much to share!

But nothing like sitting on the passenger side of a car with an hour old graduated senior, headed back from ceremonial college station, full of excitement and anticipation for the unfamiliar road ahead, to wake up every last nerve ending, including the numb fingers of a 54 year old mother’s body! 

Let’s just say….I realized on our hour long, heart palpitating trip, that every time in the last several months when I have been bearing down, feeling uninspired and wondering where God was when I needed him...He’d been a l i t t l e busy!  Riding in that same passenger seat with my boy!!!


I know this because, & I hate to even speak it, that boy has a perfect driving record!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU GOD!

Now seriously, this boy of mine is close to perfect in every other way!  He is extremely smart (got that from St. Philip), unbelievably moral (Father God), dedicated, honest, humble and kind.  He has a positive attitude, a joyful soul and it shines through his smile and his musical talent (again Father God)!  I’ll only take credit for his blue eyes!


He has been a joy to raise…and only just recently realized that he has a voice! Although he sings too, I’m not talking about singing.  Much to my surprise, he began to talk back a little around April 15th, when he turned 18!  Considering myself way blessed!

His future plans, double majoring in Music (his passion) and Biology (his parents pleading) at Sam Houston State University!  He wants to be a band director...commendable, and so worthwhile!
I can see him being an awesome teacher and mentor to thousands of kids in his future. 
His plan B, orthopedic surgeon…selfishly, I keep reminding him that the arts may be short live in the public school system, so just in case!
~Please pray for his life to be fulfilling either way~
Congratulations Cameron Abbott Shaw!

A proud day for the Shaw family…just one more to go!  And not a gray hair or numb finger wasted!  Not so joyfully cleaning up after the party! 


But joy full, in God’s gracious care, b

SORRY, NO MUSIC, TRYING TO FIND A NEW WIDGET PROVIDER!
Just imagine Joy Williams singing Hold on to Every Moment!
or click and come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment