Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It’s been so dry around here lately, in more ways than one….

As I look out at my nearly departed grass and try to determine which section needs water more, I think why bother??? Let’s just pray it will come back next year; maybe we’ll be blessed with more rain…God willing!!!

I have to laugh at myself, my contradictory self! I pray for rain, just not in my life. Even though I remind myself quite often, after the storm comes the rainbow!


It’s funny how we depend on the rain to nourish our world, our crops and gardens, our surroundings, ourselves. Without it we would have no food for strength and growth, no water for cleansing and purifying. And as our bodies need the blessed rain, so do our hearts and souls. The not so welcomed rain or storms of life, give us reason to look upward, to depend on our heavenly Father for comfort, strength and rejuvenation. Confirmation of this is all around me!


My son said the other day, “Mom, you need to water the back yard…it is starting to crack and soon this “old house” is going to get swallowed up.” I was amazed at the thoughts that came to mind as I begin to look at the need for rain in more ways than one. You see, if we go too long without heavy rain in our lives, we too begin to harden, so much so that even when it sprinkles a little, it bounces off and we forget to look up and be grateful. After a while, we have no choice but to crack and get swallowed up. Swallowed up in the things of this world; keeping us from truly remembering the source of our blessings.
I for one have been feeling a little hard & dry skinned lately…honestly a little dry hearted.

That’s exactly why I haven’t blogged in a while; felt I really had nothing beautiful or creative to share!
But yesterday…it rained here. Not outside (sad to say), but in my “old house”.  In short, the heat of the Texas summer…teenage boys who have been a bit overindulged…and having to tag team in the parenting game of late, finally brought me to my knees. It has been sprinkling for a while, but yesterday the downpour came. And needless to say my St. Philip Umbrella was in Austin. Then I looked up! Through the rain I saw the rainbow! So the boys and I had a Come to Jesus “in the rain” Meeting.

I finally figured out what God had been trying to tell me for a while! I am happy to say that we are all rehydrated. Full of God’s grace, I am strengthened and rejuvenated, praying that from this day forward, me and these precious boys of mine will stand strong together and get through this season with our steadfast St. Philip working in another city!
 So let the rain fall in Tomball,
reminding us all to look upwards & be joyful, b


Happy Father's Day Philip!
My gift this year is strength on this end, never ending love and no more whining!

As I listen to this Mercy Me song, thanks to a sweet friend….it all becomes ever so clear!

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, Belinda! Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Belinda! Thanks for sharing!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written from the heart. Here's to downpours and rainbows and boys and summer and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda this is beautiful and from the heart. You should write a book....a book of encouragement for others!!!! Downpours are cleansing and you paint a beautiful picture of a rainbow and remind us all what to look forward to! I admire you strength and tenacity in being a semi-single parent right now. It takes a lot of love to sacrifice for your children and that's just what you and Phillip, aka "umbrella", are doing. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete