Thursday, January 6, 2011

*Freezing Time*

If only we could just figure out a way to slow it down a bit!



It feels to me the last 18 years have passed in what seems like no more than 8…flying, flying by. Just yesterday I said yes to St. Philip on the pier in Astin Park and just yesterday I found out I was to be blessed with two more boys, of course not at the same time, thank His goodness!




And then the day after that my young man Tyler married his sweet Michelle…and the day after that, Jackson in full “character”, burst on to the scene!!


Not to mention, all the stuff in between then and now; it is all of the sudden time to celebrate our precious Quinn’s 1st birthday!


In the midst of the hustle and bustle of the last three months of 2010 and thinking of the season just past, I have spent the morning pondering how we all get so caught up in “life” that we forget to live it!

In this new year I am promising myself that I will live it, resting in each moment, hearing each musical note played, cheering each new step taken and brushing off each fall, celebrating each triumph while accepting not fretting over each failing; but most of all, making note of each entry in the daily book of life…
Now if I’m only promising myself, it's OK if I occasionally start running…as long as I gather up and carry the rushed moments to the next breath stop! Just had to say that for the record.


So what does God say about living life in the moment?


“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord...” Psalm 37:23

….I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance
(to the full, till it overflows!)
John 10:10 AB

So if we slow down and try to take His ordered steps, we will live in abundance, to the full, till Joy overflows!!
Seems simple enough and we all know that His grace is enough for any missed step!

A beautiful borrowed tidbit…
“A grace-filled life is living between the steps. It understands the remarkable gift of today.”
My new motto for 2011!

Joyfully attempting to live life during and between the steps, b



2 comments:

  1. Ah, Precious Belinda .. beautifully stated .. and all so sweet. I love you dear friend of all my life.

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. { Love this, Belinda. You brought a little joy into my crazy morning. Thank you... }

    Cami

    ReplyDelete