Friday, December 31, 2010

Packing away "Christmas"









As I trudge through the week after Christmas, resenting the fact that it is now time to take down the all too dry and not so fragrant or noble fir, the twinkling lights that have brightened my evenings for the last month and the icicle garland that reminds me it is cold somewhere….. it is that clearing process that helps me to see the full beauty of my surroundings and all that I am blessed with every day! I actually look forward to the fresh look of clean surfaces and a home back in order after packing “Christmas” neatly away for another year. But I must remind myself that I am only packing away the beautiful things that remind me of this blessed season, not the saving grace that was born to us all so long ago!!
In looking for a scripture fitting for the new year and new beginnings as we face or welcome 2011, I was blessed with this from Malachi….
But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. Malachi4:2 ESV
And thankfully then came across this bit of commentary….enhanced blessing!

You that fear my namethose who look for redemption through the Messiah----THAT WOULD BE ME!

The Sun of righteousness - The Lord Jesus, the promised Messiah; the Hope of Israel---MY SAVIOUR!

With healing in his wings - As the sun, by the rays of light and heat, revives, cheers, and fructifies the whole creation, giving, through God, light and life everywhere; so Jesus Christ, by the influences of his grace and Spirit, shall quicken, awaken, enlighten, warm, invigorate heal, purify, and refine every soul that believes in him, and, by his wings or rays, diffuse these blessings from one end of heaven to another; everywhere invigorating the seeds of righteousness, and withering and drying up the seeds of sin. The rays of this Sun are the truths of his Gospel, and the influences of his Spirit. And at present these are universally diffused----DON’T YOU JUST LOVE THIS PART!!!

And ye shall go forth - in all the occupations of life, but particularly in the means of grace; and: Grow up as calves of the stall - Full of health, of life, and spirit; satisfied and happy---LONGING TO BE A CALF?!!



My prayer for all is that we don’t pack Christmas away, just the reminders! As His light continues to shine, may you all welcome 2011 leaping like calves from the stall, full of health, of life and spirit, satisfied and happy! Joyfully leaping myself, b

No comments:

Post a Comment