Friday, June 25, 2010

If I was a Painter



Started my Painting 101 class a few weeks ago and I have been hesitant to share my progress, but here are my first two attempts at becoming something more than “a paint by numbers” artist….
My boys might say EPIC FAIL!
And although I’m very critical of myself in most aspects of my life, I think I am O.K with my initial renderings. Believe me, it doesn’t compare to all the beautiful works of the sweet 2nd and 3rd time “blue haired” ladies in my Leisure Learning Art Class.
And our instructor, an accomplished artist himself, walks past my easel without much more than a grin, but still, I am pleased!

I’m only copying right now, stealing art from the masters if the truth be told, but we’ll just call it interpretive art. I’m not sure I will ever be talented enough to come up with an original. Not enough canvas or years left! So for now I am merely relishing the time each Wednesday of sitting in a mostly quiet classroom and concentrating on nothing but my creative spirit! A worthwhile 3 hour a week summer vacation, I’d say.



Hope your summer vacations are full of JOYful colors!!b

1 comment:

  1. YAY YOU! I'd forgotten you mentioned you had signed up for a class! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself and I'm surprised at your courage! I love the lady in the dress! Here's to burnt sienna in your cuticles and a whiff of turp in the air! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete