Thursday, May 27, 2010

When in doubt, Just B!


Lately I have been in doubt…about a lot of things.
I get that way sometimes, even at this wonderfully advanced age of 50+. They say, well Oprah if I listened to her, at 50 you’re supposed to morph into this relaxed, confident, know who you are, where you’ve been and where you’re going female; having 50 years of figuring it all out under your belt….But this week, I say “hogwash”. Oh don’t deny it, I am sure there are those of you who agree!
It’s times like these that I think, where the heck did 50 years go, what the heck was I thinking when…where do I go from here, OMG time is passing too fast, someone let me off this train kind of thoughts!
And it’s when I get into this mindset that I have to force myself to go to that “if I did yoga” place and Just Be
Just be still, let go, and let God!
However, this week, he is obviously on vacation! OK, I don’t doubt that He needs a temporary respite from me on occasion. Or maybe He just needs me to be quiet and listen instead of talk!
So in His seeming absence, instead of talking;
I quietly signed up for Painting 101!

Yes, it is when I Just Be… quiet, still and wait that I begin to see the possibilities.

You see, summer is here, the boys are home, the class is every Wednesday from 1-4,
YOU DO THE MATH!
Now, God, if you're back, just give me talent to paint something other than stick people! Joyfully trying a new inspiration…Maybe we all should, Just B




















2 comments:

  1. How timely...I've was just moaning about this very topic tonight to Chris! While I'm happy that you are going to be an artist...You better save some time for Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying this again....Thanks for understanding Mel, have my BAGGAGE packed!

    ReplyDelete