Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bright Smile, Dark Eyes

When the righteous see God in action they'll laugh, they'll sing, they'll laugh and sing for joy.— Psalm 68:3 MSG

This month I am singing...(be glad you can’t hear me!) for the JOY these bright smiles and dark eyes have brought to my life. A whole new dimension to JOY!!
I’m so very glad my son didn’t listen to me, didn’t hesitate, and didn’t wait. I’m so thankful; he knew his heart and followed it...Goes to show you that Mom’s don’t always know best! You see, I tried to get him to wait to propose to this beautiful girl. Oh, I loved her too, just thought he should wait until he finished college to propose!
But that didn’t happen, thank goodness. And now, 5 years later, anniversary near, Tyler is completing an Engineering Program at U of H and will graduate in December God willing. Working and going to school full time has been no small feat…and believe me, I have done my share of worrying. Looking back, I know for sure it was God in action, because my son has done it all for this sweet girl and these two precious little ones that, like their Mom, have bright smiles and dark eyes!


Oh yes, I am singing, but God is the one laughing, yet again, at me for thinking I know it all and watching me realize that I didn’t then, don’t now and never will. So when my younger boys come to tell me that they are ready to propose to the girl of their dreams, I will have learned my lesson…
I think!
Happy Anniversary Tyler and Michelle!!
Singing for JOY, bb







No comments:

Post a Comment