Saturday, October 3, 2009

Precious Peter Pan

(aka Jackson Everett Abbott)
What to be or not to be, that is the question???
A person runs out of ideas for
Halloween, or as we know it, Fall Festival costumes for boys! It has become somewhat of a forte’ of mine. So after last year’s green velvet hit, Oh he looked so precious in his Peter Pan creation by GramB & Mom, how can we top it!
We’re looking for inspiration. Got any ideas??
I can only name a few of the costumes I have created in my time, let’s see, it started with "PETER PAN'S DAD", my oldest son’s 2 year old costume, a Peter Pan Peanut Butter Jar, peanut hat and all; his best friend went as Welch’s Grape Jelly! Next came, Michael Jackson, green satin jacket, black yarn wig and of course the must have white sequined glove, what was i thinking??? After a couple of back braking stints at the sewing machine, ending in a body suit with cotton stuffed muscles (Hulk Hogan), we just went for the all impressive store bought scary mask and appropriate clothes from the closet….It's all about the candy anyway, right? Then came the second round of boys, at least there was a little breather in between! I’ve done Bible Man, a sparkly alien, Harry Potter, various pirates, Lord of the Rings “Aragon & Legolas”, you name it, you saw it in a magical movie, I was all over it! And just when I thought I was done….I have the delight of creation for grandchildren. And it really is a blessing, just to be ask to participate in some small way in the process of deciding, what to be??!! I’m thankful for the fact that my Mom sewed, so now I sew and pass the tradition of sewing on to the Mom of my grandchildren with
JOY.
Happy Halloween, oops…Fall Festival Month! b

No comments:

Post a Comment