Thursday, July 30, 2009

Too Many Pillows


.........DISCLAIMER, THIS IS NOT MY BED, just in the shop!!!

A new day, God has spoken a new JOY!
Have you ever wondered how many people make their beds in the morning when they get up…
have you ever wondered why men think one extra pillow is too many??
Well, if I am honest, it is not something I do everyday, but most days I do, just because I love getting into a perfectly made up bed in the evening; it reminds me that the day is done, warmth and softness await me, kind of like I imagine the arms of God. (And trust me, I have been looking forward to resting in those arms this last week!)
When I pull back the covers, I am thankful that I took the time to make it in the previous a.m. hour. There is just something different about getting into those smooth and straightened layers that make for a more peaceful end to the day. Crazy huh?
 
Some may question why so much thought could be put into this daily ritual, this normal activity, but it is like everything else we should be thankful for in our day to day lives, a place to lay our heads, a safe and comfortable place, unlike many others in the world, especially all the men and women who are serving our country with little or no comforts when it comes time to rest.
I am so grateful for their sacrifice.
Maybe because my nephew was one of those brave servants for two years, one in Afghanistan and one in Iraq. We are so blessed by his safe return and the fact that he now lays his head comfortably at home with his wife and precious son in Brenham, Texas.
And as I unmake my bed at night, I am reminded of how glad I am that my sister can lay her head down, knowing he is finally home and I am glad for the simple blessings of everyday life and for the JOY of pillows.




 
Yes, those pillows that my husband says we have too many of and I gladly place back on the bed each morning, just because I can!
Thinking of our troops in the heat of this summer and their lack of simple comforts and praying them enough! b

No comments:

Post a Comment