Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cherished Son(s)

Luke 1:30-31
“And the angel said unto her,
Fear not, Mary; for thou has found
favour with God. And, behold thou
shalt conceive in thy womb, and
bring forth a son, and shalt call his
name JESUS.”

Imagine if all the women in the world
would trust God as Mary did…
the abundant blessings and joy we
could bring forth!

7th Joy, 2008

Six days into a vacation at home without my 13 and 15 year old boys in the house (they're hiking in Colorado with their Dad, the oldest of my four boys), I realize that their presence in my life is more cherished than I can express. The noise, the fights, the constant picking up of dirty socks and food wrappers is not such an annoyance....At my age, sometimes I think I should be an empty-nester by now, relaxing at a spa or taking romantic vacations with my husband. What was I thinking having more children so close to 40...And how old will I be, not to mention feel, when I get my last through college???!!!! But I realize today that they give my life such JOY, the joy that only God could give by entrusting us with his new creations. As I am reminded that my exceptional 27 year old son, soon to be a father of two himself, is nearing the age that as history tells us Mary lost Jesus; I can't fathom the short time allowed her to love and cherish her son. And I am extremely thankful for the many years that I have ahead of me to watch my boys grow and live wonderful lives, no matter my age, the noise, or the inevitable arguments. Motherhood, however difficult at times, is a true blessing, an opportunity to recognize that even dirty socks are a reminder of God's love.... NOW, Sunday when they return and I open the bags of dirty hiking clothes, food wrappers and you can bet, filthy socks, I'll need to reread this blog and remind myself of this love, without a doubt!!! b

2 comments:

  1. Wow. So beautifully stated and so profoundly TRUE. Love you!

    DMR

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Cousin Craig's wife, Delane. I nearly cried when I read that blog! We are going to church camp Sunday and I will have that peace you sent into the world. AWESOME!! Shawver and Katy became GREAT grandparents today and cousing Teresa a grandma. Have a truly BLESSED week with your boys home

    ReplyDelete